April 21, 2017

Arisi Upma | Broken rice upma | Akkithari Uppit - Video Recipe


Share with friends and family

Arisi upma or Broken rice upma is a very staple breakfast item in most tamil homes. If you have rice rava handy then its a breeze to make this upma as it gets done in less than 15-20 mins.
I keep rice rava handy and this upma comes to my rescue even as a dinner option when I am pressed for time or run out of options. Serve this upma with coconut chutney,tomato gothsu/ tomato gojju or as is with just a cup of plain curds it tastes heavenly.

I am including the method of making rice rava at home which I normally follow. There are various other process of making rice rava,like soaking the rice,drying it and then pulsing. I use the quick method when I am in a hurry and there is no compromise on taste.

Jain version : Skip the ginger and follow the recipe as is




  Quick Making of Rice Rava at home

Pulse the required quantity of   raw rice /par boiled rice in a mixer grinder . The texture should be slightly coarse and granular as compared to the regular upma rava .





No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel your search for the recipe ends here and this blog has helped you with that,please do drop in a word / suggestion ,which will motivate me further to help you guys !!