April 03, 2013

Veg Hakka Noodles


Share with friends and family

I am not a very great fan of Chinese food,at the same time don't mind having it once in a way.On the contrary,my hubby likes to have Chinese food.I have thought to make either fried rice or hakka noodles many a times,but somehow the thought never materialized and it remained as a thought.
Alas,one day when I was at the Indian grocery store ,I saw this pack of hakka noodles and put it in my cart.Even then I wasn't sure,if I would end up making it. Here at this point in time,I must thank my hubby who convinced me saying we can make it and we made it for dinner sometime back.
I was running short of spring onions ,so I took that as an excuse to shy away the preparation,but he forced me to go ahead and try devoid of the spring onions. It turned out well and finally I overcame the inhibition of  "I cannot cook Chinese food" :-)

Preparation Time : 20 mins
Cooking Time : 10 mins
Serves : 2

Veg Hakka Noodles

Ingredients

1 pack Hakka Noodles ( I bought the non egg variety )
1/2  each of green,red,yellow capsicum /Bell pepper
1 carrot
100 gms cabbage shredded
1 med sized onion
Greens from the spring onion
2 tsp soya sauce
1 tsp vinegar
1 tsp ginger  garlic paste
salt
2 tsp pepper powder
2 tbsp oil

Method

  • Cut all the vegetables except cabbage lengthwise/ julienne
  • Boil the noodle as per the instruction on the packet.
  • In a wok/kadai,heat oil.
  • Saute the onions on high flame,until pink,add the ginger garlic paste and saute well until the raw flavor is lost.
  • Add the carrots,cabbage,green capsicum and saute well.
  • Put in the required amount of salt and toss well.
  • Slowly add the boiled noodles,soya sauce,vinegar ,pepper powder and toss well.Take care not to break the noodles while tossing.
  • Lastly add the yellow and red capscium and the greens of spring onion,toss and serve hot.
  • Vegetable /baby corn /paneer Manchurian  can be served as an accompaniment.
Notes :
  • Tofu / baby corn can also be added in addition to these vegetables.
  •  After boiling the noodles,soak them in a bowl of cold water,this helps all the starch from the noodles to come out and the noodles dont stick to each other. (Sanjeev Kapoor's tip in his TV show)
Vegetable julienne




No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel your search for the recipe ends here and this blog has helped you with that,please do drop in a word / suggestion ,which will motivate me further to help you guys !!